April 24, 2017
Our next meal collection weekend is May 13 & 14.
St. Robert's is responsible for meal preparation for the Bread & Roses Hospitality House in Lawrence once per month all year. It's as easy as adding an item to the grocery list and dropping off in Driscoll Hall when you come to Mass!
What do we need each month?
- Cooked ground beef: 50+ pounds
- Soft tacos (8-inch size): 20 packages
- Shredded cheese: 30 pounds
- Salsa: 6 large jugs (70 oz./ea) or equivalent
- Seasoning: 25-30 packets
- Lettuce: 16 heads
- Cucumbers: 15
- Tomatoes: 48 medium/large
What can you do?
Questions? Or away on meal prep weekend but still want to contribute?
- This is easy: buy food, drop off at church! That's it!
- You can drop off perishable and non-perishable food donations in the Driscoll Hall kitchen when you come to Mass on meal prep weekend. All donations should be in by 11:00 am on that Sunday. Please leave perishables in the big silver fridge if no one is there to take your donation. Non-perishable donations may be dropped of anytime in the Bread & Roses bin in the vestibule (near the bathroom, to the left of the Neighbors in Need bin)
- "Adopt" a food item monthly: whatever is feasible for you; lots of us doing a little bit will add up to a lot!
Marian Magnan would be happy to help work something out with you. For more information, contact Marian at
, or Lisa Lattari at
Many thanks to the diehard "regulars" who keep this important ministry going month after month! And we look forward to welcoming some new "regulars" to help meet our commitment. Thank you for your continuing generosity!