Here is a brief overview of the preparation for the sacrament of Confirmation:
1. Sunday Mass: weekly participation (not just during preparation) at Sunday Mass is expected and integral to preparation for the sacrament.
2. Program: The program is for high school students in public and Catholic schools. Preparation for Confirmation is a 2-year process that begins with participation in the Confirmaion program during Lent. Those who do not complete this first year of preparation during 9th grade can complete it in 10th grade (and celebrate Confirmation in 11th grade). Attendance is required for 2 years.
4. Sessions: Each Sunday during Lent starting with mass at 5pm followed by small group discussion/activities.
5. Sacrament of Reconciliation: following guidelines for the celebration of the Sacrament, candidates are expected to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation prior to Confirmation.
6. Forms: prior to Confirmation, candidates should have completed all forms received at registration and mailed a copy of their baptismal certificate unless the office has a copy on record. Forms include: Confirmation Information Form, Reflection on Confirmation form, Saint Information Sheet, Works of Mercy Reflection, and Candidate-Sponsor Faith Sharing Activity form. All Confirmation forms are available online. (see documents on left)
7. Videos: Watch the following videos (5-7 min) with a parent or a sponsor before starting the Confirmation Form, Reflection on Confirmation form, and the Saint Information Sheet. These videos and discussions of them with your parent of sponsor offer an opportunity to guide you in development of your reflections of confirmation.
Bored at mass?
Bishop Barron on Baptism
Bishop Barron on the Gifts of the Holy Spirit
Please see the Confirmation Information Packet for further information.